Salvation Army holds successful Good Night’s Rest Campaign | Community Spirit
Salvation Army of Jackson County:
The Salvation Army of Jackson County would like to thank residents along the entire Gulf Coast for responding so generously to our Good Night’s Rest Campaign.
The campaign collected nearly 4,000 bedding and towel items for the only family over-night shelter on the Mississippi Coast. Donations were collected at M&M Banks during the last two weeks of June.
“We are pleased with the response and donations,” said newly appointed Salvation Army Captain Andy Bailey. “We can tell this is not just a beautiful place to live, but it is full of generous residents as well.” Captain Andy, his wife, Salvation Army Captain Jenny Bailey and their three children moved into their position at the Jackson County Salvation Army in July.
“Our facility fills a crucial shelter need for many families in Jackson County,” said Bailey. Last year alone, nearly 600 men, women and children stayed in the Pascagoula facility’s shelter program.
“We couldn’t continue to provide these services without support from local residents and we thank you.”
The Salvation Army
*Served 590 men, women & children through shelter program
*Served 781 families through Christmas program
*Provided food and utility assistance to 1,624 clients
*The Salvation Army Jackson County is supported in part by the United Way for Jackson and George Counties.
Information source: Salvation Army of Jackson County.
Top Lucedale Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Moss Point School District student honored to academic achievement
- Broomfield beats Moss Point mayoral incumbent Aneice Liddell
- April Employees of the Month Honored
- Moss Point High School Alumni Daniel Roberts Leads his Way to the White House
- Moss Point residents frustrated by 2nd flood in less than a year
- 2nd Annual 5.5 mile “Alzheimer’s Walk for the Cure” fundraiser is June 15
- Deputies discover drugs, firearms following traffic stop
- Vancleave Middle School rallying around student with brain tumor
- Two men accused of stealing from Vancleave man
- Women’s Fund of Mississippi Journeys to Gulfport/Biloxi for Economic Security for Women