Deputies seize drugs, $5,000 in cash from Biloxi man | Crime
George County Sheriff's deputies seized nearly $5,000 in cash and approximately 80 hydrocodone tablets from a Biloxi man Thursday at around 11:33 p.m. in the Benndale Community.
According to George County Sheriff's spokesperson Shonna Pierce, Charles A. King Jr.,31, was arrested during a routine safety checkpoint on the Greene and George County line on Highway 57 north. That's when deputies searched his Chevrolet Tahoe and discovered $4,960 in cash and the hydrocodone tablets.
Pierce said, King was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
King was booked at the George County Regional Correctional Facility and was released on a $10,000 bond.
His SUV was towed and the money, hydrocodone tablets, along with two cell phones were placed into evidence.
Top Lucedale Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Moss Point School District student honored to academic achievement
- Broomfield beats Moss Point mayoral incumbent Aneice Liddell
- April Employees of the Month Honored
- Moss Point High School Alumni Daniel Roberts Leads his Way to the White House
- Moss Point residents frustrated by 2nd flood in less than a year
- 2nd Annual 5.5 mile “Alzheimer’s Walk for the Cure” fundraiser is June 15
- Deputies discover drugs, firearms following traffic stop
- Vancleave Middle School rallying around student with brain tumor
- Two men accused of stealing from Vancleave man
- Women’s Fund of Mississippi Journeys to Gulfport/Biloxi for Economic Security for Women