Several arrested in connection with George County burglaries | Crime
A number of suspects believed to have ties to the burglary spree in George County were arrested, according to a statement released by the George County Sheriff’s Office Monday.
For the past two months, residents have reported burglaries to the sheriff’s department. George County Sheriff Dean Howell said the suspects primarily targeted the eastern parts of George County.
Howell said citizens were held hostage in their homes for fear of returning to find it burglarized.
Members of the sheriff’s department have been working long hours to help solve the burglaries and additional patrols will continue until the investigation is complete. The suspect’s identities haven’t been released yet since more arrests are expected.
Howell said media coverage, citizen tips, a cash reward donated by a George County business were all instrumental in arresting the suspects. Howell also thanked deputies and other agencies for their assistance.
Residents should remain vigilant and keep their eyes out for anything suspicious. Contact the sheriff’s office with any information regarding the burglaries 601-947-4811 or dial 911.
Top Lucedale Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Moss Point School District student honored to academic achievement
- Broomfield beats Moss Point mayoral incumbent Aneice Liddell
- April Employees of the Month Honored
- Moss Point High School Alumni Daniel Roberts Leads his Way to the White House
- Moss Point residents frustrated by 2nd flood in less than a year
- 2nd Annual 5.5 mile “Alzheimer’s Walk for the Cure” fundraiser is June 15
- Deputies discover drugs, firearms following traffic stop
- Vancleave Middle School rallying around student with brain tumor
- Two men accused of stealing from Vancleave man
- Women’s Fund of Mississippi Journeys to Gulfport/Biloxi for Economic Security for Women