Suspect behind bars after woman's throat slit | News
A George County woman is in critical condition after her throat was allegedly slit by her step son. Jackson County Sheriff's Deputies began searching for a 1994 purple Ford Explorer linked to the suspect, 19-year-old Brandon Charles Cochran on Sunday, September 18, 2011.
Authorities found his vehicle on Sunday at a mobile home off of Bell Etheridge Road in the Hurley Community, however, they were unable to find Cochran.
On Monday, September 19, 2011 the Jackson County Sheriff's Department received a tip from someone who spotted Cochran walking north on Highway 613 near Tanner Williams Road.
Two "plain clothes" officers were able to identify Cochran, whom was found walking along rail road tracks in the Harleston Community in George County near Highway 613.
Cochran was taken into custody without incident. Authorities charged Cochran with Aggravated Assault and transferred him to the George County Regional Correctional Facility.
Copyright 2011 WLOX. All rights reserved.
Top Lucedale Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Moss Point School District student honored to academic achievement
- Broomfield beats Moss Point mayoral incumbent Aneice Liddell
- April Employees of the Month Honored
- Moss Point High School Alumni Daniel Roberts Leads his Way to the White House
- Moss Point residents frustrated by 2nd flood in less than a year
- 2nd Annual 5.5 mile “Alzheimer’s Walk for the Cure” fundraiser is June 15
- Deputies discover drugs, firearms following traffic stop
- Vancleave Middle School rallying around student with brain tumor
- Two men accused of stealing from Vancleave man
- Women’s Fund of Mississippi Journeys to Gulfport/Biloxi for Economic Security for Women