Farm Families of MS: Sweet Potatoes | Restaurants
Sweet potatoes have long been a favorite on the dinner table of Mississippi families. Sweet potatoes are nutrient dense with Vitamin A, beta carotene, Vitamin C, folic acid, and high in fiber.
In 2012, Mississippi had 23,000 acres of sweet potatoes harvested and brought in $79 million in production to Mississippi.
Our Beauregard variety is a beauty bringing a brilliant orange to enhance any dinner plate.
Try this recipe as an appetizer, on the go breakfast or a quick meal with a side salad.
Sweet Potato Sausage Balls
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked and drained
- 3 c. Bisquick
- 2 c. cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Combine all ingredients well. Roll into balls and place on greased sheet pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, until brown.
Recipe Source: The United States Sweet Potato Council Inc.
Information prepared by Nancy Freeman, Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information provided by Farm Families of Mississippi, www.growingmississippi.org
Top Lucedale Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Moss Point School District student honored to academic achievement
- Broomfield beats Moss Point mayoral incumbent Aneice Liddell
- April Employees of the Month Honored
- Moss Point High School Alumni Daniel Roberts Leads his Way to the White House
- Moss Point residents frustrated by 2nd flood in less than a year
- 2nd Annual 5.5 mile “Alzheimer’s Walk for the Cure” fundraiser is June 15
- Deputies discover drugs, firearms following traffic stop
- Vancleave Middle School rallying around student with brain tumor
- Two men accused of stealing from Vancleave man
- Women’s Fund of Mississippi Journeys to Gulfport/Biloxi for Economic Security for Women